Saint Mary's College department of Nursing seeks an Administrative Assistant to support nursing students and faculty and work closely with the director of the Department. As the face of nursing at Saint Mary’s, the Administrative Assistant communicates directly with members of the college community and routinely provides program information to interested individuals seeking information about the nursing science programs from outside the College. The Administrative Assistant for Nursing Science provides complex secretarial services and administrative assistance to faculty in the BSN and DNP programs. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides general office management including routing daily mail, maintaining inventory of office and lab supplies, check requests, work orders, key requests, and name badge orders
- Takes and transcribes minutes at monthly department meetings
- Leads data collection to support documentation of program outcomes required by state and national accreditors
- Responds to requests for general information about the BSN and DNP programs
- Establishes, maintains and updates office files
- Establishes, maintains and updates BSN students’ academic and health files
- Trains, coordinates and supervises student employees (if needed)
- Completes semester reports due to the major clinical agencies
- Sends annual insurance and verification letters to clinical agencies
- Organizes Senior Photo Day, Senior Nursing Pin Ordering Day, Nursing Hooding Ceremony, and Uniform Measuring Day
- Assists with Pinning Ceremony and reception
- Assists graduating seniors with the preparation of their State Board applications
- Processes applications to take the Illinois CNA test
- Assigns advisors in Banner system
- Assigns testing attribute in Banner system
- Registers BSN students in their clinical sections
- Assists in the completion of Annual Reports to Indiana State Board of Nursing and other accrediting bodies
- Assists with processing of seniors’ AdvW papers
- Distributes and compiling program evaluation surveys to seniors, alums and employers
- Sends class rosters to Kaplan; order Kaplan books
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience and at least four years of secretarial experience including spreadsheets and budgeting is required. Additional responsibilities include the ability to accurately type at a rate of 60 wpm; good grammatical, writing and editing skills; the ability to use word processing and database/spreadsheet programs; the ability to work well with students and persons of diverse backgrounds; the ability to maintain and edit websites; and the ability to independently maintain programs or administer ongoing projects.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. Mail to Saint Mary’s College, Office of Human Resources, 104 Facilities Building, Notre Dame, IN 46556.
Saint Mary’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College’s mission, Saint Mary’s is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels—students, faculty, and staff—and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.
About this company
Saint Mary’s College is an all-women’s Catholic institution located just north of South Bend, Indiana, on 100 acres of trees, gardens, and manicured lawns. It is fully accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of North Central Association with more than 30 undergraduate majors, 4 graduate programs, and approximately 1,600 students. The tradition of empowering women through excellent academic programs and spiritual support began with its founding in 1844 by the Sisters of the Holy Cross. Saint Mary’s College has practiced its core values of learning, community, faith/spirituality, and justice for more than 170 years. The College continues to grow and prosper, with approximately 20,000 living alumnae.
Saint Mary’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College’s mission, Saint Mary’s is committed to increasing its diversity at all levels—students, faculty, and staff—and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.
Location/Region: Notre Dame, IN (US - 46556)