Medina Christian Academy
Director of Advancement
Job Summary: The Director of Advancement fulfills the mission of Medina Christian Academy by planning, guiding, and evaluating the advancement efforts of the school. The role of this position is to lead the entire Advancement Team in long-term strategic thinking and implementation of the school’s overall goals through building a culture of philanthropy. The Advancement Team coordinates the efforts of the school in fundraising, marketing, event planning, grant writing, communications, alumni affairs, and public relations. The Director of Advancement reports to the Head of School and is a key member of the school’s Leadership Team.
Supervises: Advancement office clerical staff
Reports to: Head of School
- Secure financial support from donors and explore grant opportunities by developing a culture of philanthropy with development initiatives (see below):
- Supervise fundraising programs at Medina Christian Academy to secure private support in the form of annual gifts, major gifts, planned gifts, corporate and foundation gifts.
- Strategically develop fundraising events and campaigns.
- Build relationships with potential and current donors, including alumni, community members, foundations, trustees, faculty and staff, parents and current students
- Ensure that gifts are used according to the donor intent
- Plan and facilitate fundraising events and coordinating volunteers and staff
- Manage and analyze relevant data regarding donors, gifts and giving trends
- Promote and market the institution to donors, prospective families, and the community
- Communicate about Medina Christian Academy with those who have a stake in its success, including churches, school families, alumni, staff, business leaders, government officials, and public media (Adapted from CASE)
- Coordinate communication with marketing to assure a consistent message
- Launch an aggressive tuition assistance initiative.
- Assist admissions and enrollment by communicating pubic perceptions of strengths and weaknesses
- In conjunction with principals and other leadership team members, develop community connections for service, outside educational opportunities, and enhancement for the students and faculty of Medina Christian Academy.
- Develop an Alumni Relations process (see below):
Alumni Relations: Establish and oversee an alumni association that will strengthen relations with students, former students, faculty, friends, and parents.
- Build lifelong relationships with alumni and parents in support of Medina Christian Academy
- Facilitate two-way communication between the school and alumni/parents
- Leverage powerful alumni and parent voices on behalf of the school
- Maintain history and traditions while telling the alumni stories
- Develop and maintain a complete profile of alumni and parents in a database
- Coordinate alumni and parent volunteerism
- Enhance continued connections to Medina Christian Academy by developing alumni leadership for events
- Establish media options for Alumni news and stories of how they are serving Christ
- Engage alumni in the life of the institution as volunteers, advocates, and supporters
- Facilitate direct Involvement in chapels, mentoring, career shadowing, and giving
- Survey as alumni as key stakeholders: Spiritual formation, Programing, Vision for Medina Christian Academy
Location/Region: Medina, OH (44256)